- Get a list of all AD Computer using filter operatingsystem -like "*server*" so only servers are retrieved.
- Test the computer reachability and ensure that it's responding
- For each server matching the filter, get the share list using WMI query. The share list only include the Folders and Admin Share such as Admin$, C$, IPC$ ..., excluding printers
- The Script can read cluster share
- If Impersonation parameter is set to $true then the script will request to use another user credentials to perform Access,Write, Read, Delete on each share, usually these credential are for a limited user:
- Create a PSDrive and assign any available letter to the drive, this will use any available letter. At least make sure that you have 1 available letter :)
- If the Map was success, then the users can Access and the Access is set to Yes, else, all the other test will stop as I assume that if the user don't have the right to access a folder so this user wont have write, read or delete access permissions.
- If the Access was success, then the script proceeds in Writing a file to the destination as AdcciTestPSWrite.txt
- If The Write was success, the script will proceed in Reading it.
- The last step is to remove the created file, and the result will be updated
- The script will not remove random files, it will only try to remove the file it wrote as part of the test.
- The script may report that the user has full access (Access, Read, Write, Delete) in a folder where Creator Owner has full control, such as Folder Redirection, Home Folder. I will fix this issue in the coming version. But for now its good :).
- There might be a duplicated result when the file server cluster have muti rules. also will work on fixing this issue on the next version.
Download the scrip, try it and let me know
You can reach me email@example.com